Any Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, and individuals possessing a valid student or work visa who pays the registration fee and agrees to the
rules & regulations of the League.
• Get a team manager or become one yourself
• Invite 6 - 8 players to join your team (minimum of 4 male and 2 female)
• Create a team name
• Register your team at the League's website and pay your entry fee
• Schedule your roster and ensure your team attends all ties (teams are guaranteed a minimum of 8 ties – top ranking teams make it to the Finals)
• Ensure that the tie results are submitted online within 48 hours of completing a tie
• Celebrate your team ties
Yes. You can register without a team and be put on a waiting list while you search for other players to form a team, or a team that is need of additional players.
6 Team Members (2 females & 4 males) are required to register your team.
To receive the early bird entry fee rate, all team members will have to register by the early bird entry deadline. Any team member registering
thereafter will be required to pay the full entry fee.
• $150 - Early bird deadline
• $165 - Final Entry deadline
• Each team is guaranteed 8 ties throughout the in-season
• Based on in-season results, advancing teams to the Provincial Finals compete for a chance to win provincial medals, cash prize, MVP awards
and bragging rights!
• 1 IBL member T-shirt
• Tournament grade shuttles (1 dozen per tie)
100% refund if official withdrawn notice is given before Final Entry Deadline
50% refund if official withdrawn notice is received before first tie of the season
No refund if official withdrawn notice is received after first tie of the season
Teams will play home ties at their team’s Home Court and Away ties at their opponent’s Home Court. Each team’s Home Court is determined
at the time of registration and can be badminton exclusive facilities, school gyms or recreation and community centres that have badminton
courts. Locations for in-season Away ties are generally within the region your team plays in (ie. York, Peel, Waterloo, Toronto, etc).
Players do not have to be members of a specific club to create a team. Players of various clubs can combine with each other to form their own
team and select a Home Court. If your team is unable to secure a home court, IBL will place your team in a IBL Hub within or close to your
**The IBL Divison and rating chart survey are not absolute. They are a guide to assist players and managers to place teams in the most appropriate division. IBL reserve the right to relocate player or team to their appropriate divison. **
Regions for each division will be formed based on the Home Court geographic location of team entry. Regions are determined by their municipal
geographic locations (e.g. Region of York, Peel, Waterloo and Toronto). Teams will be published on the IBL website and social media once
all entries are received.
Each in-season tie shall be decided by the results of:
• 2 Men's Singles
• 1 Women's Singles
• 2 Men's Doubles
• 1 Women's Doubles
• 2 Mixed Doubles
• 1 Golden Set if required
Team members, male and female, are permitted to play in 3 matches per tie during the season
No player can play in the same event twice within a tie, except within the Golden Set.
All players are required to play at least 2 ties within the season to qualify for the playoffs